Everyone loves a good massage but convincing a partner or spouse to actually give those knotted muscles and sore spots some much-needed TLC can oftentimes be a chore. Professional massages can be expensive, and for the meek, the uncomfortableness of disrobing in front of a stranger can negate the feel-goods of deep tissue or shiatsu experience.
Luckily, the introduction of the massage gun to the home health care market has been a boon for those in need of a bit of stress relief, and the VYBE Percussion Massage Gun is one such option for those who want a budget-friendly option.
Vybe Percussion Massage Gun
The VYBE Percussion Massage Gun is a middling solution for those who want to add a massage aid into their toolbox of natural pain relief products at an affordable price.
A durable product that will check off all the expected boxes for consumers searching for such a solution, the VYBE product delivers an effective, therapeutic percussion massage that stimulates blood flow while melting away taut muscle knots and areas of tenderness. Fundamentally, the product functions just like any other massage gun on the market.
Pop in the attachment of your choosing, turn the gun on. Apply to any sore or tender spots, and wait while the RPMs reverberate your tension into oblivion.
The VYBE gun does suffer from a few setbacks; however, no single one is so detracting from the overall experience that consumers should second guess this an effective solution in any pain relief program. For a price that far undercuts many other currently available models, you could do far worse than invest in this tool.
Things to Consider
The VYBE Percussion Massage Gun is an effective massage gun product and, based on personal experience, a fantastic investment for most user demographics. Athletes, weekend warriors, and your hustle-and-bustle adult should find something enjoyable within, but remember that certain health conditions are not conducive to massage.
Also, while some reviews online claim the massage gun is great for commercial settings (gyms, rehab clinics, etc.), this product doesn’t feel of commercial quality. It’s fairly durable, but you’d probably do well to limit use to that of your immediate circle of family and friends. Besides, it’s affordable – let ’em buy their own.
What’s in the Box?
Upon unboxing, purchasers will find a carrying case housing the massage gun, four heads of varying design, an AC adapter, and an instructional manual. The gun delivered for this specific review was already charged, but even if yours isn’t, the charge time isn’t very long, which means you’ll be busy providing much-needed relief to your overworked muscles before you know it.
- Adjustable intensity: Per the manufacturer’s own claims, the VYBE Percussion Massage Gun delivers a consistent 30 lbs. of pressure when in use. Such power is useful in reaching past the superficial layers of muscle tissue and down into the deep tissues where underlying restrictions and often neglected areas of tension lie in hiding. Coupled with five varying speeds, everyone should find a combination that hits the spot.
- Multiple attachments: A massage gun is only as good as the heads transmitting the actual vibration. This model provides you with four different options.
- Portability: While the included carrying case may not be rugged enough to endure being tossed around with heavy luggage, it does house everything in a neat, organized manner, sufficient for toting in a gym bag or in the backseat of your car. And the massage gun itself isn’t terribly heavy, thereby increasing the likelihood that once you buy it, you’ll actually use it.
- Quiet: Want to enjoy a massage while enjoying your favorite TV show or without disrupting others? This gun lets you do just that, thanks to a brushless, 24V motor. Some noise is to be expected, but surprisingly, for the amount of power this device delivers, it’s remarkably muted.
- User friendly: Although there is an included instruction manual, for those who choose to jump right into their first massage, every component is pretty understandable at a glance. Heads attach quite easily, single-button employ for on/off functioning and speed adjustment, and an obvious input for the AC adapter is all that there is to explore. It is important to familiarize yourself with the product’s user manual so the product stays in great shape, just like you would with any other home health care product.
- Customization: The four included attachments are designed with a specific purpose.
- A narrow version is used for delivering pinpoint accuracy on even the smallest and most stubborn of knots.
- While a larger ball is great for working over broader muscles – glutes or hamstrings, for example. With two additional options suited for narrow areas and tendons, there’s plenty of pleasure to be had. Five-speed settings further increase the versatility.
- Efficacy: It does what it says it does, and quite effectively. Users should expect a highly effective muscle kneading effect that offers therapeutic benefits. However, keep in mind that this is a percussion-style massage, which differs from the broad strokes more commonly found when working with a trained massage therapist. You should expect to enjoy the massage, but you’re not going to be dozing off during it.
- Price: A near-premium massage gun experience at a price that’s not going to break the bank. You can go more expensive but spend a few hours with this, and you’re not going to want to.
- Construction: This primarily applies to the massage heads, as the gun itself feels fairly durable. The attachments feel as if constructed of a plastic material that leaves their resiliency questionable. Granted, the gun does carry a price point that, in some cases, is several hundreds of dollars cheaper than other models available, but this thing is basically a vibrating paperweight without the attachments. Also, it’s worth noting that, in this reviewer’s opinion, there is a flat massage head that just isn’t comfortable at all, no matter the speed setting or location of the body it’s used on.
- The carrying case: Just a small gripe, but worth calling out due to the manufacturer’s claims of portability. The including carrying case is great for organizing all the necessary components but be wary of throwing this thing around if packed in a gym bag or luggage. It doesn’t feel like it could support anything weighty being placed upon it.
Note that for the price, quality, and functionality this product offers, with more going for it than against, it’s hard not to recommend it to anyone in the market for such a product. However, the advent of the massage gun has led to many manufacturers offering solutions, and there are perhaps other models more to your liking. Here are a few we’d consider being worthy contenders:
Fusion FX Heated Massage Gun
The use of thermotherapy, i.e., heat, has long been recognized for its benefits in improving circulation and improving the elasticity of soft tissues. The Fusion FX Heated Massage Gun comes with five massage heads, one of which does combine the benefits of heat therapy with percussion massage.
With many of the same features of the VYBE gun – quiet motor, ease of use, portability – this is one model that may be worth a second look for those who have suffered from years of chronic pain.
This gun does command a higher price than the VYBE model due to the inclusion of heat. Again, as with any healthcare product, be sure to discuss any potential purchases with your healthcare provider, as heat does stand as a contraindication to some health issues.
TOLOCO Percussion Massage Gun
Budget-conscious consumers are used to scouring the web for great deals when trying to save a little coin, and for the really thrifty, your search for a quality massage tool may lead you to the TOLOCO Percussion Massage Gun.
With ten separate heads, twenty-speed settings, a large digital display on the back, and a price tag that comes in sub-$100, it’s a wonder how the manufacturer makes any profit on these.
There are no bells and whistles like heated massage heads, but according to the manufacturer’s specs, this model runs neck-and-neck with most other options, so one should at least expect a gun that’s on par with many other currently available options.
LifePro Sonic Deep Tissue Massage Gun
With ten interchangeable massage heads and sixteen varying speeds, there’s already a lot of versatility with the LifePro Sonic Deep Tissue Massage Gun. But what separates this model from the pack is the adjustability of the percussion unit.
Being able to click into place at 0°, 30°, 60°, and 90° increments allow users greater freedom with positioning the unit on their body and the possibility of improved leverage when attempting to work on stubborn spots. There’s also the added benefit of increased comfort during use for those with hand and wrist issues.
Answer: For as long as people have been in pain, there have been a plethora of solutions readily available to provide soothing relief, each with its own inherent benefits.
Massage guns could be considered an adjunct to an already established routine of self-care or a stand-alone solution if a unilateral approach is all that’s necessary.
Answer: Sometimes. Same as in buying cars or clothes, name-brand notwithstanding, a higher price tag often does equate with higher quality. As it relates to massage guns, this could mean more attachments, a longer battery life, or a more durable gun.
However, if one is simply seeking a massage gun to unknot the kinks of everyday life, don’t be swayed by fancy names or promises. The VYBE gun works just as well as many other models on the market.
Answer: Generally speaking, consistent use of the gun shouldn’t pose a problem to healthy adults. However, as is the case with any home medical device, any questions about specific conditions should be directed to an appropriate health care provider.
Massage is a potent modality, and its benefits have long been touted by nearly every corner of the healthcare field.
It’s often recommended by chiropractors and physical therapists when addressing range of motion limitations, and the sense of calm brought about by the melting away of pent-up tension sees millions of stressed-out adults booking appointments with professional masseuses every year.
The VYBE Percussion Massage Gun shouldn’t be considered a premium massage solution as there are other products on the market with more features which, of course, translates into a heftier price tag.
But the typical consumer shouldn’t concern themselves with this, as the VYBE gun offers enough attachments to address sore spots, a straightforward design schematic that anyone can operate within seconds, and a price tag that makes the entire package that much more attractive.
Find more interesting articles below: